**Please bear in mind that this is a CUSTOM MILLSHOP and jobs are done in the order in which they are received. Delays in your order can include such things as the amount of time for jobs previous to yours or vendor deliveries.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CUSTOM MILLWORK ORDERS
Superior Hardwoods will mill trim, window sills, dimensional lumber, countertops, butcher block, simple furniture, stair parts, wainscot, paneling, hardwood flooring, plaques, or other projects according to customer’s specifications pursuant to the following terms and conditions:
- Price Estimate. The price for millwork projects are based upon the cost of required labor and materials, including job supplies, additional parts not sold by Superior Hardwoods, and consultation/design services and time. The final price of the project is not known until the project is completed. The estimate provided before commencement of the project is only an approximation of the price. By placing a custom order, the customer acknowledges and agrees that Superior Hardwoods has the right to adjust the price of the project in response to material price changes and/or a difference from the estimate of labor required. However, such adjustment shall not exceed 20% of the estimate amount. Superior Hardwoods agrees to consult with the customer in a timely manner should an adjustment in price be required. The customer agrees to respond and provide instructions to Superior Hardwoods within seven days of receiving the adjustment advice.
- Shop Rate. The shop rate for mill work is $150 per hour.
- Consultation. If Superior Hardwoods consultation is required, which includes up to one hour of design and making measurements at the installation site, a non-refundable fee of $150 shall be paid at or before such consultation. If the project is completed, the consultation fee shall be credited towards the purchase price of the item or project.
If no agreement is reached to have Superior Hardwoods perform mill work on the project within sixty days of the date of consultation, the estimate will no longer be valid and the consultation fee forfeited.
- Payment of Deposit. Payment of a non-refundable deposit in the amount of 50% of the estimated price is required in order for Superior Hardwoods to commence assemblage of materials and the work. Payment of such deposit by a customer constitutes an agreement between the parties for Superior Hardwoods to provide materials and millwork to the customer in exchange for payment from the customer. In the event a project is started but not completed because of action or inaction on the part of the customer, the paid deposit will be kept by Superior Hardwoods to recover its costs.
- Substitution of Materials. Superior Hardwoods cannot always obtain the specific length or width of lumber ordered by the customer. In such cases, Superior Hardwoods may instead supply the customer with lumber or trim of combined comparable length(s) or width(s).