We work hard to serve our customers’ best interest and to get just the piece they want. At times, because this is custom millwork, it may take longer than expected to get your piece just the way you ordered it. Without proper finishing and since wood is a natural element, it can continue to move due to humidity or the drying process. If there are ever any issues with your order, please feel free to contact us FIRST and let us make it right.
• Specified items are stocked in select hardwoods. Natural color variation and mineral stains may occur.
• Defects in material or workmanship must be reported upon receipt and prior to installation!
• Wood products must be maintained under stable temperature and humidity conditions to remain under warranty. Prompt and proper sealing and finishing is essential to maintain wood stability.
• Replacement requests are subject to Superior Hardwoods’ inspection and approval.
• Our liability shall not exceed the purchase price of our product.
Superior Hardwoods’ products are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a limited period of 30 days from the date of shipment. If products are found to be defective by us, they will be exchanged or credited to the customer’s account at his option. No merchandise shall be returned without approval of Superior Hardwoods. We shall not be responsible for the improper use or misuse of our products and no other warranties or responsibilities for safety or performance are either expressed or implied.
NOTE: all of Superior Hardwoods products including moulding, doors, & stair parts are intended for interior use and installation only unless otherwise noted.
Please note that estimates are strictly estimates and are valid for 60 days only. As such, they are subject to clerical errors in computations and judgements as to quantities. If accepted as a contract, the unit prices shall be the final authority in determining total price. Consideration has been given to the quantity of all items listed in determining prices quoted. If selective purchasing is made from this list, we reserve the right to adjust prices on the selected items accordingly.
TERMS OF SALE
• Unless credit has been extended, all orders require a 50% deposit when placed and must be paid in full upon pick up or prior to delivery to shipper.
• Special orders may require payment in full and are non-returnable.
• Please allow at least 2-3 weeks for completion of special orders. Larger, detailed, or complicated orders will require longer production time.
• All shortages in shipments received must be reported to the Superior Hardwoods’ office within three business days of delivery.
• Additional material, labor, and/or shipping charges could apply on special orders.
• Non-standard items are not subject to return or cancellation if purchasing and/or production has begun.
Shipping charges are NOT refundable. The customer is responsible for shipping costs when receiving and returning the item(s). When returning items for credit, we recommend using a shipper with a tracking service so that the package(s) can be traced.
• Prefinished products, special order items, and custom products are not returnable. All special orders or manufactured items may not be cancelled after ordering or production has begun. Superior Hardwoods reserves the right to require advance payment on such orders and any advanced payment equates acceptance by buyer.
• Special orders and manufactured goods cannot be returned for credit.
• Return of products must be accompanied with a proof of purchase. No damaged, soiled, stained/finished, cut, or otherwise altered items will be accepted.
• All returns are subject to a restocking/handling charge of 15%. Goods are not returnable after 30 days from date of receiving material.
CARE OF WOOD PRODUCTS
• Do not expose finish-grade wood products to rain/snow while loading or unloading. Water spots will show up after job-site finishing.
• Do not subject material to extremely high, low, or fluctuating humidity. Relative humidity of 20 – 60% is ideal.
• Wet concrete, plaster, & drywall can transmit moisture to unfinished wood products. These can all cause swelling, joint separation, twisting, cupping, or warping of wood products.
• Do not expose unfinished wood products to excessive heat, dryness, or sudden temperature changes (such as firing up the furnace). These can all cause twisting, cupping, or warping as well.
• All of Superior Hardwoods’ moulding are intended for interior use and installation only unless otherwise noted.
• Specific moulding are stocked in Alaskan Birch, Eastern Yellow Birch, Poplar, Oak, Maple, Hickory, Walnut and Cherry. Please call to verify what is in stock. All other moulding profiles and other select hardwoods are available by special order. Custom moulding estimates are available from Superior Hardwoods. Pricing and lead times are quoted per job. Please see Terms of Sale and our Return Policy for details on special orders.
Delivery of material to common carrier or you at EXW shipping point shall constitute delivery to buyer, and material shall be at buyer’s risk thereafter. If delivered by motor vehicles operated by superior hardwoods, material shall be EXW job site, delivered alongside building, or receiving dock. Promises of date and time of delivery are estimated as closely as possible, but not guaranteed. We reserve the right to increase or decrease the quantity called for by not more than 10% when necessary to avoid cutting, waste or to avoid breaking customary shipping units or sizes.
Buyer shall immediately check and inspect all material on its arrival. If delivered by common carrier, buyer shall file claims with carrier for all shortages and damages and shall take responsibility for collecting any damage or shortage occurring in transit. Shortages or damage by Superior Hardwoods’ trucks should be noted on the day or notice given to Superior Hardwoods’ office immediately upon delivery. Superior Hardwoods shall not be held liable at any time for any damage, injury, or loss after delivery to customer except for the performance of material upon which there are standard printed guarantees relating to such merchandise.
Superior Hardwoods shall not be liable for delays. Such delays may include, but are not limited to strikes, labor disturbances, lockout, riot, fire, acts of god, a public enemy, a pandemic, or delays in Superior Hardwoods’ suppliers to deliver, whether like or unlike the foregoing.
Superior Hardwoods is committed to protecting your privacy and will not use unethical promotional methods. Customer data that is collected is used to contact the customer to resolve disputes, answer questions, subscribe to our email newsletter, or provide additional information that the customer originally requested from the company. Superior Hardwoods does not sell, or rent its customer information to third parties.